Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Hubris for Life (#104)

I've sitting here thinking about how much I would be willing to give up and still keep my sense of happiness. The economic downturn in the world right now has made me consider my own ability to support my current status. Off the top, a fear that what I have now and am comfortable with might have to be given up for the greater security of shelter, clothing, food and transportation. I know I can do without television and the Internet but what else must I have to give up. I have a dog and a cat who are my family so they stay. Electricity and gas are essential for power and heat so they stay. Phone service is trickier in that I need communication for finding and maintaining work so phone stays. Everything else however can be eliminated in order to budget to the minimum. I have these thoughts because my usual line of work has dried up with no clear restart date set. My blog would be missed but now that I am in the habit of daily writing I could always go to the journal format to replace it. My basic needs have always been a challenge since I have always had to live month to month. If it comes down to having to vacate my apartment, then another set of problems present themselves. Where do I go? What happens next? etc..... I am out ahead of my self when I follow this line of thought but I think planning for what very well could happen is intelligent on my part. None of this though has shaken my inner spirit or diminished my optimistic outlook for my future. My hubris for living is just as strong today as it has always been.

No comments: