Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No Disappointment Necessary (#102)

There are very few things in existence that give me pleasure equal to writing on a subject that kindles my emotion. This is one of them. If I have no expectations I have no disappointment. My life is on-going for now, so I must take care to keep it going. Everything else is just filler. That may fly in the face of ambition and pursuit of human wonders, such as prestige or objects of complexity, but it is still just filler. The true ambition and pursuit of human wonders are idealistic ones, more of a philosophical search to find a compass I can ground my nature in. My internal happiness and stoic resolve, not to be defined by objects or uncontrollable outcomes, remain my path. The essence of my life has been defined for me. The internal search for the way to live has broadened my understanding in how to live. The impulse or drive to create from materials here on earth give us ways to improve the quality of our lives and help us manage our time as well. The distribution of these impulses within each individual cannot at this time be accurately measured, however, humanity has at it's core an equilibrium to survive and care for each other plus a curious nature to understand that which we don't understand. The proper model for life has yet to evolve in the most beneficial way to all individuals comprehensively. The future holds out this hope if we care to strive for it. The impetus created when life came into being is a continuum that will arrive somewhere, where however remains to be determined.

No comments: