Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peace in my Soul (#117)

When I awoke this morning it was with a weary realization that I only slept for 4 hours. Time has no favorites and my morning rituals needed to be addressed. So next time I won't stay up so late when I know I need to go to sleep earlier. Of course, there are times when I rationally choose to stay up later knowing full well that I will not get as much sleep and this was one of those times. I have been reading the old John Jakes comprehensive novels about the birth and growth of our country America. These books have captured my imagination and are difficult to put down when certain events are being described. Whatever trade-off I make in deciding which is more important, reading or sleeping, my soul is at peace with the outcome. I have been chuckling to myself in a comical way all morning. Which makes me wonder why I am in such a good mood. That's just like me though questioning a gift instead of just enjoying it. Why some mornings are a pleasure and some are more closely related to a struggle is beyond me. Today, however I will just enjoy and experience the richness of friendship and discovery every new day brings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so good Son, You make me smile, Love you forever , Mom