Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dream World (#123)

It is very common for me to dream at night after I have fallen asleep. What is curious to me is that my dreams take on a life of their own and my being in them is exhausting yet exciting. My normal days are nowhere near as chaotically challenging as my nighttime dream world. My valued principles of honor, courage and ethics follow me into my dreams which make for interesting circumstances. How I would face the same circumstances in real life is still dubious but in my dream world my standards for myself seem to hold true. I find my dream world fascinating in that it has the qualities of existence that I think should be present in my real world. Their is no lethargy of emotion about the troubles of our times like I experience when I'm awake. My dream world is full of emotion and crusades to correct wrong behavior and social injustices. Not to mention all that traveling through the universe and my ability to transport myself through thought or by actually being able to fly. There have been periods of time where my dream world became the greatest reason for me to maintain my real world. Somewhat backward, nevertheless true. I don't know what to make of my dream world but I know I am very glad that it exists. I'm the guy who loves to read stories and learn of other's experiences. Maybe my dreams are just an extension of the input I get from reading and watching television, I suppose it is. My dream world is just another example of why I enjoy being alive everyday and continue to be humbled by existence.

No comments: