Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad (#140)

June 19th 1937, The day our Dad was born. The Great Depression was coming out of its worst years but was still very hard for most families. The Second World War was just around the corner and you had to grow up around the misery and triumph that event exposed you to. I am imagining what you must have been like at 8 years old, I can only reflect back on my own experience. I was eager to understand and know, so you must have been about the same in that sense, so the World War at it's end must have been a tremendous time to help build your character and hope for a better world. What an exciting time it must have been for you back then. Dad you have always tried to bring out the best in people wherever you meet them, that is your most enduring trait. The positiveness of your personality is admired and appreciated by all those who have had the fortune of crossing your path. Your bright outlook about the people who you care for is absolutely unlimited. I know at times you have had to practice tough love with your 8 children but I also know that it breaks your heart to have to do so. I have been so fortunate to have you in my life because of your caring but maybe even more so your exuberant way of seeing life with the happiness you hope we can have in our lives. You are such a character about so many things how can anyone not have a good time when they are around you. Happy birthday Dad but that just kind of goes without saying, happy is just how you are made. Love you.

No comments: