Monday, June 22, 2009

New Day, New Opportunity (#143)

The possibilities for me as I start my day out are fresh and new regardless of how I plan my day out. One thing I have learned as a constant in my life is that nothing is taken for granted. Whether nature or fate or the total unexpected, life continues to shape what happens in my daily life. I have responsibilities and I am focused on them with due diligence however, I am at the mercy of events that are outside the control of myself. I am not concerned with whether life is harsh or benevolent to me, I am only concerned with how I react when it is one or the other. I can only prepare to be ready for whatever life throws or sets in my path by being grounded in the calm, peaceful knowledge that I am privileged to be a part of life and just acknowledge the fact that I am aware and hopeful of doing my best. I have taken steps to help me handle the unexpected or turns of fate that happen to me by instilling within myself a foundational thought of, "it isn't about deserves", it's about the "whirligig of life....". Nothing personal, mind you, just the circle of things that happen to most everyone as a general rule. This wisdom, or insight is most helpful in that my emotions are not a factor when events occur beyond my reach. I am emotional on a variety of subjects, yet I have a control for them that is unprecedented in my life experience. I am now able to present to the world a neutral position, all the while churning the emotion of the position hidden within me. This behavior I present shields me and others from distorting the position, protecting the event without emotional interference, but still leaves me time to work out my own personal feelings concerning the position. My newly enlightened way of handling fate's events has given me a perspective I needed to be ready for every new day and all the possibilities within it.

No comments: