Monday, June 8, 2009

Pushing through the tired (#129)

When I am tired I love to sleep. Sleep is a tonic to refresh my mind and physical body. I enjoy the actual drifting off into sleep time where I know that my weariness will be relieved. However, there are times when despite the overwhelming sense of fatigue I feel I am nonetheless unable to enjoy the salve of sleep. Priorities dictate, through deadlines and anxiety about being perceived as competent, Ha, perception my foot, that staying awake and completing or progressing a task has the higher priority. It is wise and instructional that I embrace these times of exhausted wakefulness and endeavor to accomplish that which I find as a necessity. As long as my brain or brawn can function at some respectable level then I am duty bound to give my best effort. Life is a wonderful experience, but also a short one that makes demands that can't be ignored. To procrastinate or shuck off responsibilities I have taken on does not sit well with my attempt to be the principled man I hope to finally become. To sacrifice sleep when I am weary and tired is little to ask from myself when I have accepted an obligation that requires the keeping of an honored principle intact. I love my life today because I get to make decisions based upon honor, being noble and humble, etc..., exemplifying in my limited way the better and best of human traits.

No comments: