Sunday, September 6, 2009

I must always continue to find happiness (#219)

It seems absurd to think that I must continue to find happiness when all around me there are troubles, injustices and needless harm and death. I may come across as an unfeeling selfish idealist. That would not be true however, because the antidote to pain and misery is happiness. No one on this planet has had their heart hurt any worse than any one of us has. We are all experts on pain and heartbreak. I look around me and I see how the struggle for humans minds is waged everyday in some form or fashion. If only the struggles were all waged within the arena of providing happiness instead of some less principled or happiness-less rationalized reality. The forces that promote confusion to principled ideal have enormous influence, even to the point of humans bitterly railing against that which would help their lives in powerful ways. I am just an insignificant in the great scheme of things but I am also a teller of the truth of my heart. Maybe my insignificance isn't so small. One voice with the clarity of vision and the might of honesty and decency can become significant. I don't seek to manipulate or influence anyone, I seek to express the inherent ability to think and speak for myself. This ability is also a right within America which has been paid for daily through the life of our country through sacrifice and death. I will always seek the honor and just in how I approach situations of societal determinations. I am a strong and caring man who is willing to give my life for those who are less fortunate than I am. Being a noble human being has always been a goal of mine not a big house with servants. Happiness, however long I am able to enjoy it will continue to be my purpose and fulfillment. Life is not measured by the quantity of time one lives but rather by the quality of the living of it.

No comments: