Saturday, September 5, 2009

On the subject of the struggle of life (#218)

To begin to understand life I must observe it's present interactions and it's past behaviors. After having become generally aware of these knowable states the next question I need to ask myself is what do I see as the future of life and what approach should I support to achieve it. It has been my contention that the nature of humanity resides in two main categories, compassion and curiosity. I also have a sub category which is inherent within the two main categories, the will or desire to survive. If all of my knowledge of past human behavior and present human interaction combined with compassion and curiosity with the drive to survive are in an evaluation to project a model for future life, I can then therefore start to formulate some thoughts about how our future could look. I contend also that the lack of compassion and curiosity expressed by humanity brings about the baser attitudes and actions that have been the hallmark of humanity's shame. The model I am starting to visualize will have compassion and curiosity as the evolved attributes of behavior and be supplemented by the human spirit to reach beyond our limits to embrace our curiosity of the yet still unknown. The model we use as a social contract between ourselves should also reflect the principles of our natures and our hopes and wishes. Clearly I believe our natures are honorable and worthy of the daylight for all to see. It is important for us to never forget that we are guests within existence and not it's creator or master.

No comments: