Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Paying attention to the details (#250)

Success can be experienced by how well I am able to resolve every issue before me. The success I am talking about is the conscious effort I give to mediate every circumstance that requires attention and then even to every circumstance that does not require attention. How well do I want to do a task I am responsible for? That is always the first premise in the logical sequence I outline for my taking on any task. I keep myself aware of what the particulars are of any project I am doing and try to break that project down as well as break down my process in order to look at and evaluate the smaller details of the whole assignment. It is amazing to me that every time I break down the project and process as far as I can the whole picture of the assignment comes into focus. I am also given insight into how and where my sticking points or trouble spots are going to effect the entire project. As I look closer at the details the solutions become more and more readily apparent. When I eventually get done with an assignment I see that all those little details that I have been successful in navigating toward their solution have made the whole of the project appear to have been smoothly completed. By my giving the smallest of the details as much attention as the largest of the details I have found a way to be successful in completing my task.

No comments: