Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Take the leap (#256)

This posting is about my thoughts on dating. I found someone who I think I can enjoy a relationship with here in New Mexico. I am going to take the leap and go on a date with her. She has accepted my invitation to go out, somewhere yet to be determined. I have an excited edge to me not unlike the feelings I had when I was a teenager and was going out on my initial dates. I called her up on the phone and asked her if she would like to go out sometime soon and she said yes. It is always such a relief when a woman tells me yes, she would like to go out on a date. I told her I felt a little awkward asking her out and she laughed at my statement. That little laugh was what I needed to relax and start the rest of our conversation about where to go and how to figure that out. When I was done with the phone call I felt really good about the call and how we were able to navigate those first few awkward moments. I am a gentlemen and will continue to be a gentlemen on our date but I will also be warm and thoughtful of our time together and hopefully advance our date to another one and become closer as time dictates. I am still a little nervous since I just don't ask women out without having a good feel for how I feel about them. So this is my first date in a very long time and I feel a bit rusty. I am sure that once we are together and out and about I will not feel the nervousness but will just be my fun loving self and try to make her feel like she is the center of my attention. She will be the center of my attention and getting to know her better is why we will be doing whatever we do wherever we are at. I am looking forward to sharing my time with a woman who is attentive to me as well. Good luck to both of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Son, I pray you have a wondeerful time!