Thursday, October 8, 2009

Technology and the human experiment (#251)

Life to me has been like a crash course. One complication after another just waiting for an acceptable solution. I now realize that I don't need to be immersed in the process to find the solution. I can just be me, Carl, and do what I know to be the best of what I can and accept and go on to the next situation. I will not live or die by any one particular choice I make, but I have to treat my choices with due diligence given. Through the process of trial and error, the implementation of common sense and the practice of logic I have come to know some general solutions that can be applied to most of the situations I encounter in my life. There are some situations that require more from me than what I have to give. This is where I have come to rely on technology to help me understand situations I am less familiar with. Searching data banks online, talking to others with more expertise and/or experience through online media to help fill in some of the questions I have before I can make a decision, have become necessary. My human experience is enhanced by technology because I am able to communicate in a way I did not have when I was younger. Learning to adjust and change my life to new forms of communication and learning has been an adventure I particularly enjoy.

No comments: