Sunday, March 7, 2010

Does the soul mate exist? (#401)

It really does depend on who you ask. I have heard stories my whole life about how two people were perfectly matched but the stories don't line up with the reality. Maybe it is because soulmate gets confused with storybook true love. Let's understand what a soulmate is: The other half of one, where a deep attraction to be with is present. Where a sense of loss or confusion is exhibited when the other is not there. I am just generalizing but the concept has some meaning that is similar to all of us. Because I do believe there is someone out there for all of us because of social and individual characteristics I have to believe in the concept of a soulmate. We all have emotion within us. Through our senses we come to form a model of the type of soulmate we are seeking. The varieties of attractions we seek are hopefully, mostly found in a single person. It is this person whom most conforms to our attractions, that is the prime target for our search to find our soulmate. It is difficult to imagine finding a person who has the same attractions for you that you have for that person. The odds must be great in favor of never meeting. However, odds are just odds and determination and perseverance can reduce the odds. What is most important in life, finding a soulmate or something else. I know where my importance lies.

No comments: