Friday, August 13, 2010

A higher standard (#560)

No sacrifice required. Funny how that is today when all I could think was how come I have to and not those other people. I used to hear, Carl, you are not those other people! I could not see that as a logical answer to my question. What was I thinking then? I must have been in some place in my head where logic was illogical. I have quit trying to be the my own judge and jury and have found a way to live where I am only the passenger Carl, in the metaphorical car. I have come to realize that having things work out for the best for me is not what I need. I need things to work out for the best for everyone. It has always been for me, as well as I assume most everyone else, to grow up to be a wise person. Someone who could help others see new concepts and grow into life with insight. I had forgotten that for a time and just tried to live life to experience what I desired. I lost track of my lifelong hope of being humble and helpful. Yes, humble and helpful leads me on a path to wisdom. I am still filtering out my useless desires obtained over a lifetime but they are becoming fewer and fewer. Hopefully I will reach a plane where my standard of living is easily recognizable by myself and others around me. I just want to be a good person who can help others find the goodness in themselves. I can never say this enough, life is too short and much needs to be done in my life. I need to spend all my time on putting to action a principled life that exemplifies my ideals.

No comments: