Saturday, May 7, 2011

The consistency of my being reinvigorated (#827)

The reason I know I am reinvigorating is because I have hit a flat spot in my life and re-energizing it is the solution. It is somewhat humorous that I do sense, once in a while, that I am in a funk. How I get there seems to be emotional in nature and the reason for staying there is my being unaware of it. Eventually though I start to feel a weight about me that opens my eyes to a varied, depressed state. That I can chuckle at it tells you the depth of it is mostly superficial. I have come to realize that my funky periods come from some unrealized expectation of some emotional sort. I can easily recognize the expectations I shouldn't have that have to do with economics and politics but the emotional ones are the type of funks that are harder for me to uncover. I guess at some level I realize an expectation of an emotional nature has some influence over me but I do not correlate it with my overall outlook right away. However, although of a longer duration, my depressed state does reveal itself and I can take counter measures to abate it. How? By looking at what I have and not at what I haven't. The sunny side of life if you will allow me to describe it as such. Expectations are absolute stealthy inhibitors to my wellness. They are easily jettisoned if I am able to recognize them. But for the times when I do not I begin to feel so unappreciative of my life and lives around me. As logical as I can be about most other things in my life I do seem to have less success with my emotions. I am human, Yay! But in being human I must also be victimized by it's idiosyncrasies at times. Knowing that I will fall prey to my emotions I must get a better handle on how I detect the attachment of an emotional expectation that has me (funkifized). lol.

No comments: