Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our harsh realities (#821)

I cannot save the world from all of it's problems. What I can do though is recognize them and save the world where I can. That is what I can do, but what is it that I really do? Much less unfortunately. I am getting better at being accountable to myself but my harsh reality is that I know I can do so much more. I am not alone in this and that is of little comfort. I am doing a self-examination of myself as I am writing this post and I do not like what I see about myself. It is depressing in my soul. The truth of things are not often comfortable and I suppose I am like most who would rather not feel depressed about the harsh reality of truth around me. It, the turning away from harsh realities, is a mechanism of self-survival but it serves to feed the uncomfortable status quo I feel if all I do is turn to something that makes me feel less depressed about truth. Deep down inside me though is a fire that wants more from me. Deep down inside me knows that with a deep breath and a determined resolve, I can change how the truth affects me and not be depressed about it but instead be angered and motivated to changing the harsh truth that is changeable. Since I have a bit of arrogance about what I can change, for me, nothing is unchangeable. I know how I am so it is easier for me to fortify my wall of conviction toward keeping out doubt or the possible letdowns. I am working on changing how I feel about the harsh realities of life and I sense I will be a stronger more advocating person because of the change. I am convinced that my happiness is contingent upon all of our ability to be happy. As it stands now most of us in this world are being denied happiness through the misguided approach to life and living, many who control such things currently have. The power of my resolve will only grow more strongly and hopefully others out there will be experiencing the same intuitive recognition to do the same.

No comments: