Sunday, May 8, 2011

Understanding the life cycle (#828)

When I was young I was full of idealism. I knew that the only thing holding us back from having a near perfect life existence was ourselves and us agreeing to make it happen. As I got older I saw that it would take more than just a vision for a better future, it was to take convincing some that bettering our future was more important than personal selfish satisfaction. The tide of apathy toward our fellow citizens and greed was overwhelmingly unbearable and brought true discouragement to my soul. I have moved beyond the discouragement and I am in a place where hope is my guide and taking the time to explain my rationale for a better future for all of us is my agenda. I am not the naive individual who thought all we had to do was agree to change our society for the better so many years ago. I am now an advocate for explaining the necessity for society, to not only keep us busy and safe, but to also allow us to enjoy the fruits of this world we inhabit. We are here by whatever genesis and the fact of the genesis has always been left to belief or newly emerging science. Regardless of the reason we are here, the actual living here can be developed with understanding how we change over our lifetimes and by having a vision of togetherness. We are all we have! For us to not take advantage of our individual specialness is to arrogantly say we are somehow greater than this reality we were all born into. Someday I will write on the arrogance of humanity since it does have it's claws in our lives. But today I want us to see that our lives change and the people we are today are not the people we will be 20 years from now. Our society must reflect the sanctity given to us as individuals in an existence not of our own making. Our duty is to improve our general welfare from generation to generation. This requires at minimum respect for all life and the happy realization that life is a gift and should reflect that.

No comments: