Thursday, August 11, 2011

It takes courage to have emotion (#923)

I have been able to listen to a few others who have little perspective about the highs and lows of the emotional roller coaster called life. Their understanding of circumstances that occur to others is not based upon how they have handled similar situations but on how they think these situations should be handled. It may be easy to sit back and logically analyze a situation and logically determine the proper course of action, however the emotion of the situation must always be factored in. Many will counter that emotion is too volatile and confuses the proper response. I agree, in most situations it is better to be cool headed and calmed down before making important or drastic decisions. However, the emotional aspect of why and how things happen in situations must be considered. Having a perspective on the emotional impact is what I am referring. The only way you get to have a complete emotional experience is to engage in relationships. To have a connective association where the nuances of life build a bond or trust that is beyond just mere actions. The difficulty exists when relationships take a turn for the worse and pain is experienced. Examples being lose at love or betrayal through expectation. The tragedies in our lives are the learning and growing pains we need to have within us to be able to understand others' decisions. Nothing is simple and easy, everything has a complexity to it. My point is that the gamble one takes to open oneself up to whatever may come from various relationships takes courage. My whole perspective about how I have designed my principles for living have come out of the ashes of my own personal experiences. In this way I have the insight or wisdom to see why others do what they do because I factor in the curve of the role emotion takes in shaping our decisions and our lives.

No comments: