Thursday, August 4, 2011

Patience shows wisdom (#916)

If I have not heard impatience before these last few days I have gotten an eyeful of it lately. It doesn't matter the situation, I have been observing a skewering from a lot of people toward one person. What is amazing however is that the skewering has come without full knowledge of why it is being given. It is as if some will not wait to learn the facts but instead will gloss over talking points and fire away. I am better situated in my life now to know that allowing time to pass before I weigh in on an opinion is mighty helpful. Our society is not structured to allow for wise consideration of the truth before comments of opinion come tumbling in, and it is to our detriment that it is so. Our media outlets sell their information on a daily basis and the news and opinion of it must go on regardless of incomplete comprehension. We all suffer for this paradigm. My best way of dealing with complexities is to measure some time and read and listen to many viewpoints before I get set on my own opinion. A lot of my opinion on things has value in the characters involved in the situation. Some are more trustworthy than others so equal research isn't always a required necessity. However, the facts must always be the foundation of a situation I am learning to understand. I suppose I can be grateful that I am not one of the ones on the sidelines screaming yay or nay, without a reasoned out explanation. Patience to logically move from premise to premise with an analysis of each step and the pitfalls or benefits they may produce, is essential to me. This is what I am learning to do. I will endure the noise of the current national rumblings until I have a handle on the workings of the situation. It is a positive way for me to learn and know what the truth of the thing really is.

No comments: