Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hope for the best (#1066)

Number one priority for this new year is to stay as hopeful as possible. Most of us have had a rough 2000 millennium so far and because of that keeping hope at the top of my list is crucial. I do not want to become cynical and complain about all the dashed hopes around me. Instead I want to keep trying to progress hopes yet realized in any way that I can. Time is a factor anymore in my life and I don't have the luxury, as if I ever did, of putting off hope to someone else to realize, I need to do the work of my own vision of hopes. It is especially important that when things do seem and are bleak that I redouble my efforts against the tide of disappointment. It would be easy for me to just accept what is the status quo and make my own way through it with selfish intent to guide me but that is not how I am. There are bigger things in life than just me getting mine. I know some cannot understand or will not allow themselves to understand this type of thinking, however, it is mine and it is what makes my life purposeful. Believe me, I have tried the selfish route, it is lonely and full of deceit. I will say this to my dying breath, live life with honorable principles as a guide. it truly is what is at the heart or core of all that I am. Often we here of the comparison of a quality of life versus a quantity of life. In other words, live life to the fullest or just plug along and accept forms of mediocrity in the name of security. For me, one choice is the courageous path of liberty and freedom and the other is a fearful path that substitutes, more and more, an artificial existence for my own instinctual traits. I know there are many variations of living existences between these two described paradigms, but living closer to courage and further from fear is my hope and continuing to celebrate my understanding that honorable principles will always trump fearful resignation, remains my goal.

No comments: