Friday, January 6, 2012

I can admit when I fail (#1071)

Not if I fail but when I fail. It happens regularly because I try to be the best I can be everyday so often I come up short. That's okay because my intent is to be better and I try hard to do so. I am comfortable with this approach although it puts me in a bad light with certain people who think I should try to only highlight my successes. I prefer to live in reality despite the fact of me not being able to manipulate reality into some success for myself. What is true of me is what I want to reflect back out to others. I am satisfied that I am a human and only wish to improve on the practice of my instincts and the behavior that follows that. My ego has been properly deflated in a way that will never allow it to balloon up again. I am full of motivation but my motivation is not directed at personal fame, glory or remuneration. Instead it is all about what is in my daily life that I can make better for myself and others. I am no saint but I do like the concept of being helpful and being positive. It used to bother me when I was caught up in a failure and I would always resort to blaming others for it. My fear of being looked upon as a sad simple human tore at my psyche and I needed your acceptance to justify my existence. Maturity has changed that about me and though I do welcome an occasional accolade from friends and new acquaintances, I do not search them out nor do I bask in their acknowledgement. I am humbled today when I do succeed at something meaningful and thank the Universe for letting me be a part of this existence. The same may not be true for me when I fail but I do hold my head up and claim my blame wherever it exists, since it really is mine and the story of me would be incomplete if the truth of all of me was not told.

No comments: