Friday, January 20, 2012

Looking at life from the lens of the big picture (#1085)

Simply keeping perspective. I know a way of living that keeps me healthy and humble. I look around me and see what is going on. Yes, that simple. Of course I have to act upon this information input but that is easy since my inner core is about compassion and curiosity. That is how I live and for me it works beautifully. There are so many things that are far more important than the simple wishes and desires I may have for myself on a day to day basis. I keep myself centered through the knowledge that the world is still an unusually cruel place and other humans are left to fend for themselves in dire and life ending ways. My little simple needs are being met through my will and determination, and for this I am humbly grateful. however, will and determination are not enough for others when their dire straights are of a last resort of death. I am not immune to putting myself into denial and letting my mind and heart harden to reality. It is done everyday by many around us. Not to say that there are not those who do try to do some things that are noble and honorable to protect those who are unprotected. Yet, it seems that the selfishness of one's own ego is still counted as a value over the reality that things are still unforgivable. To deny that we all live in a world that is wrenching in it's inappropriateness, is how many choose to live instead of clamoring for a better paradigm for society. We each are but one and what can only one do in the face of the momentum that is our existing society and the rules it plays by? We must look at the big picture and never allow those who don't, to master or best us in the argument for the future. We are the change we have been waiting for and when we realize it, the change will happen.

No comments: