Monday, January 30, 2012

Three years and counting (#1095)

Today's blog post completes three full years of posting almost everyday, missed three, but posted two on each of the following missed days. It has been cathartic for me to have an outlet to express myself in public as a way of showing my mind and heart to the world. It is part of that scream into the air that I am alive and I matter! Although some days I only feel timid and less full of hubris. lol. I started to think that I would try this out each day and see how long it could go with at least a real conversation that had some significance. Now, mind you, I am judging that I have had some little significance but not much. Haha! The consistency of prioritizing my day around a blog post subject has given me real clarity about how I see the world and what I am doing within this existence. If anything, the catharsis has been therapeutic in more ways than just how I live moment to moment. It has given me a longer view toward How I would like to see our world evolve. I am a living breathing part of this grand experiment of life and as such want to input my thoughts. Short of having a society that allows us to formulate and change policies together in a way that reflects our best instincts, this medium will have to do until that day may come or I am no longer. For the last three years I have been given a wonderful gift, not some onerous burden, but a real gift that allows me to be rational and thoughtful about what Matters most to me. Coincidentally, what matters most to me is what is the best for the human species as well as the other species that exist. I am of the benevolent caretaker form in the sublime, but in reality I am often given choices that don't reflect the best of what could be and unfortunately, I end up with lesser solutions. Such is the era we reside, fortunately though we can continue to change toward a better realization.

No comments: