Monday, May 14, 2012

If you can imagine it then it can come true (#1200)

We all have hopes and dreams about how we live our lives or for our loved ones and even for our society as a whole. It is the process of making our dreams come true that we are most in doubt about. The process of turning our imagined reality into a factual reality is baffling at times but I have found, as well as many others, that putting my imagination to work oftentimes gives me direction. I am not talking about doing manipulative processes that are under-handed or unjust, but instead using my imagination to create a process that is honorable and welcome. I value thinking through problems to get to other avenues for proceeding. What I do have that is free to me is my ability to imagine what could be and then work backwards from that to where I am now. We all have this ability and we should all use it at every opportunity. Thinking is not hard, remembering what I think is harder for me so I write things down to help me remember. We don't have to submit ourselves to others because we don't know what to do, instead we need to submit ourselves to our own practiced thinking and develop our own processes for our hopes and dreams. We are each an incredible being with sensory capabilities unrivaled by any other species. We also have the cognitive ability to generally remember what is important to us in our lives and with that memory comes the reminder our hopes and dreams are mostly comprehensive and as such follow us throughout the course of our lives. By imagining what the world around us would be like if our hopes and dreams were true, we get to conceptualize a picture in our minds that may help us to trace back to where we can start.   

No comments: