Friday, May 4, 2012

Perseverance is instinctual (#1190)

The older I get the harder it is for me to put all my energy into whatever I am fighting for at the moment. I sense that my hubris and physical abilities are waning. It is true that they are and how I deal with that is I still give all I have to advocate/defend as a rule. I don't push back or forward with as much gusto as when I was younger but my resilient resolve stays static. From around the first moment I drew breath as an infant, I have been fighting to stay alive and more. It is natural for us humans to fight to survive and the fighting aspect of our survival nature is what I carry with me all the days of my life. I don't necessarily fight for breath as my first priority nowadays, despite a good argument that could be made for keeping our air clean, but I fight for other things in life like principles that define my virtues. I get to define what my virtues are comprised of by my thoughts and actions to make them come to fruition. if I could keep a smile on my face all the days of my life it would be because others are also smiling. Living life is so simple yet we were all born into a reality that has many problems which doesn't allow for everyone to smile much at all. So what is there to be done about this? I can change how I interact within society and hope that my expressions spread out to others. I can also advocate/defend for changing how we interact through any medium I can utilize. These are small steps in the right direction but important small steps nevertheless. So regardless of how much energy or enthusiasm I have, I still persevere because it is who I am and what makes me alive.

No comments: