Sunday, May 13, 2012

A tribute to Mom (#1199)

Mom, thanks for all the care and concern you give me regardless of what life has for me. I know that I have been blessed with the kind of mother many would love to have as their own. For this I am humbled and honored. I think back to all my memories of our time together and nothing but happiness and protection come to mind. One thing for certain in this life is that I know that you love all your children fiercely. That is the one constant in my sibling's lives that there is no doubt about. You have always shared your hopes and dreams with us and yet never let them get in the way of trying to provide a better tomorrow for us. Our upbringing was modest at best but what we lacked in material things and opportunities, we were granted in an over abundance of love from our Mother. Every child needs at least one constant in their lives so that they have a place of safe harbor. That we know your love for us, is that safe harbor. The importance of your kind motherly way will never be expressed with words. That you sacrificed your own ambitions and dreams to not only care for your siblings, their children, your children, and even now your grand and great grandchildren, absolutely indicates the honest virtue that dwells in your soul. Your whole life has been about what you have given to others, not about what you took for yourself. If I can model my life after your generous spirit in any degree, then my life will have a glimmer of the same humility and character you reflect out to the world. Thank you Mom for being the true example of what all of us children need, a loving protective mother who makes sacrifices of her own life in order to make her children's lives better. I love you Mom :)

No comments: