Sunday, May 6, 2012

What is my curiosity? (#1192)

I just have to know! It is within me and a force that propels me in life. The best way to define what curiosity is might be to equate curiosity with a physical part of the brain. The Caudate nucleus, that sits within both hemispheres of the brain is being found to be associated with learning and memory. I know that I am curious by my thoughts and actions and now that it is also being shown to exist through a physical structure of my brain reinforces the high priority our species development has placed upon curiosity. On a lower level of just existing, it is my curiosity that helps me define my environment in order to evaluate some form of security for my continued existence. Curiosity has brought our species this far this fast as opposed to no curiosity and the whirligig of exposure to the whims of outside forces. I continue to say this, we are like organic computer processors, in many ways we receive data and then analyze the data and then react to the data through our, at the time, best conclusions. Our curiosity serves to help us investigate all the matters that we need in our lives. For me, my curiosity is one of two great instincts I am gifted with, my compassion being the other. My larger point about why I am discussing curiosity is that without curiosity, I would not have the vitality of life to learn and understand. My curiosity is a positive force that instills within me my relentless search for the meaning of existence and how it may have come about. Some have used philosophy and religion to come to satisfying conclusions but for me those two paradigms are not enough. Therefore as long as my mind functions and my vitality for life exists, I will continue my journey toward my curiosity about things that are still unknown to me.

No comments: