Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Keep on keeping on (#1461)

I tell myself this quite a bit nowadays since I seem to forever need to hear it. It is not like it is part of my hard wiring. I need to reboot myself quite a lot. Like the Grateful Dead sang "Keep on truckin on", I too need to keep on keeping/trucking on. Just like my blog, today marks the end of four years, while tomorrow will be the beginning of the fifth year, I too must keep moving forward with new imaginings and hopes. It seems the principles of my conscious put to action must not pause but most keep going forward. Such is my destiny or purpose in this particular time and place. I live in a world that has not reached it's potential, even not having reached an agreed upon method for attaining a still yet undefined future. That does sound ominously chaotic but there is some logic to what we now do, we just need to keep on after it to make it come into focus a little or a lot more. I will take whatever we can get as long as it keeps moving to a better world with better outcomes for all of us. We all have passions about many things but for sure we must devote some of our passion toward the betterment of our society and species. We must continue to learn who we are as a species so that we can better judge our best potential for attaining a more perfect life. We are an amazing species with so many characteristics specifically adaptable to what we can do and where we can go out into this Universe that currently contains us. There is no limit to what the future will be just as no one a thousand years ago could have foreseen what we are now, just as we are not able to conceive with any specificity what a thousand years from now will be like. But what is constant is our care for each other, our need to survive and our curiosity to seek the edge of the known to know what the unknown is all about. Therefore we must keep on keeping on.

No comments: