Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The hopeless romantic realist (#1447)

Yes, you can be both at the same time. lol. However it is not the best of situations. Fairy tales do come true for some and that is where the hopeless romantic part of us resides. If it is possible then why not for me is how the thinking goes. Yet we also have the part of us that realizes we have had many opportunities to be with our best match and have not known we were letting it pass. I think of all the times I was too busy doing the illusion of something important all the while not seeing the great hope of my life. Who can say as to if I have already missed what was my perfect world. Being the realist, I look at the statistics, like my age and the opportunities I have moved through without paying attention to the one area in my life I hold most dear. But then again, maybe my time hasn't come yet and now that I am the vigilant soul I need to be, my world may still brighten as I would hope it could. A man who has lost some semblance of hope but not really. A truly confusing and less admirable position in time I have allowed myself to reach. Much of this may seem a bit superficial and fluffy but to me it is the essence of my emotion and hoped for fate. I am a romantic and in that I am fulfilling part of me that is not dictated by the logic of curiosity. Rather, it is dictated by the core of my caring. I will continue to move through time and space in search of my own personal path and in that searching maybe, just maybe I still have time to fulfill the last great hope I have for my life. If not then the journey itself will have to suffice, since in all true honesty, I have reaped what I have sown. 

No comments: