Thursday, January 24, 2013

My earnest attempt to be good (#1455)

I know enough about and have been on the worst end of bad too many times. I want what is good in life. Not such a inconceivable demand if we would just admit that that is what we want also. I know getting every human to agree to anything is mostly impossible but not all impossible. Well, regardless of what anyone else does I know what I want and will do until I can no longer. Having the time and space to live in good adventures and situations is my goal. I do not allow myself to be dragged into situations that have no boundaries of acceptable behavior. In the past I have done that and that is when I find my life's best principles get compromised. Not much anymore since I have come to the realization that if my principles are not worthy of some to respect then those people need not be in my life. I have a hope for my life that revolves around learning from those who have taught me the better nature of life to actually apply that to my life. I owe it to those that I loved who are no longer with me to carry on the best that they showed me and those around them. Most of all I have a duty to live in the best of what this reality offers and to do that I must modify my behavior to reflect that. I am not giving up what I may do, I am giving up that which I no longer respect when it does not make me and those around me feel the better and best about ourselves. Some things in life demand that we do things that are out beyond our best principles, and at those times some sacrifice is made but not as a willing participant but as one who has an obligation to protect life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness within equality and justice.

No comments: