Sunday, January 13, 2013

Superstition, intuition and logic (#1444)

My mental acuity is honed by at least all three of these paradigms. First, let me tackle superstition. Surely everything that has to do with believing in something falls into this category. Not that everything in this category is right just as not everything in this category is wrong. Many of our belief systems have qualities to them that are foundational in our living principles so distinguishing between their rightness or wrongness can be quite complex. Next is intuition. A feeling I have about something that is either right, wrong or somewhere in between. I don't seek empiricism for it's validity, but something inside me like a "gut" feeling or an overall subconscious evaluation has been performed in my soul giving me direction. Intuition is the hardest of these three paradigms to define, but simply, I just know. How often intuition is right or wrong I have no clue but there it is anyway. Then there is logic, which by most accounts is the cold dry study of the science of words and actions, in sentences and in activity. What we communicate through our understandings, must adhere to certain formulas that all of us can objectively agree upon as sequentially comprehensive. Point A to Point B is the likely path and any deviation of that must be defined with verifiable properties that allow for the deviation. Logic is my favorite process for most all things which even includes some matters of the heart. Although I am not a calculating person who places a rationale on emotion. Yet in matters that involve love, I tread with trepidation since my emotions can be an impressively chaotic force. All of this is to help others, especially though myself, understand that all of us are made up of such dynamic moving parts that to try to define us is to restrict us. We have it within us these three dynamics and untold more I did not get into in this post. 

No comments: