Monday, January 21, 2013

We living humans (#1452)

We humans that are alive and have the ability of conscious are fortunate in so many ways. We have life right now and nothing that we know of is greater than that. However, we are also the caretakers of what is and what has happened in our lives. We are an emotional species whose actions often reflect our emotions more so than our logical calculations. What we are also privileged with is our memory and all the ramifications that has on our well being. I not only carry the hopes and dreams of our and my life with me but also the worst of what experiences I have lived through. I am reminded that the road to searching for and attaining happiness is often paved with unspeakable personal sorrow. So there it is, the life we may live as the tremendous gift that it is along side the tragedy that is instilled in how we live life. A duality of dimensions that often intersect when we least of all wish they would. This tempering of our existence serves some purpose but for the life of me I cannot justify why. But that it does happen is all that matters and any amelioration of it is the goal, at least for me and a few others. Talk about having a purpose in your life, how about finding any way to make it better. Some see the making it better as only better for them and theirs, not in a way that inches forward better for all of us. I often rail against those whose selfishness is perfunctory to them and as such is a lifestyle by default. What we all should remember is that all possibilities exist and those who cannot or will not join in trying to advance the betterment of society through themselves, have given the rest of us just that much more work to do.

No comments: