Sunday, June 9, 2013

Stay on the side of the truth no matter what (#1591)

The title statement is exactly right because for me it has proven true regardless of the circumstance. Whenever I have chosen to lie or distort the truth I have lessened myself and my credibility with others. Most of us have readily available built-in bullshit meters and when a variation of the truth is propounded my meter starts to signal me. It does that because I have chosen to be in the truth where it feels good being me. I am not perfect but for the most part my life is calm and serene for my choice. I am also informed in ways that require little thought when discussing current events and how they play out in our society. I don't have to make stuff up when I am in the middle of some web of lies or remember the last lie I told to someone in order to keep that lie afloat. I know these things because I tried them and why I did is beyond me except that I wasn't being me and was trying to be something or someone I wasn't. When I look in the mirror it is me that I see not what I want to be or what I want others to see. I am just me and that is a beautiful thing regardless of how society sees me. I have come to that realization a few decades later than I should have but nevertheless, I am here and grounded now in the ideal that life is what it is and I am happy to be a part of what may change it to a better place than when I got here. Anyway, I like me now more than ever and that my friends is the key to enjoying the happiness that comes my way. 

No comments: