Monday, June 17, 2013

Still willing to take a chance (#1599)

I am not done yet in my life when it comes to changing. Every day is a new experience regardless of how it is programmed to do the same old things. The necessary things I must continue to do daily are going to remain the same but every thing else is open for me to participate and discover. I am not shackled to any contract that prohibits me from picking up and moving anywhere I wish nor am I restricted by a relationship that would have required me to compromise my freedom in exchange for shared joy. I have my two little wards, a dog and a cat, but they would follow me anywhere and I would never leave them behind. So mobility is not a problem, nor is the will to see our world and it's splendor and it's faults. Meeting new people and finding new ways to make a difference in life is appealing and though I am content where I am I am not gullible enough to think that my world couldn't come apart at any time based on factors outside my control. So with that knowledge that nothing is static, in the absolute, I prepare an alternative plan to change if the change is what is needed. I am also willing to change if love should find it's way to me and that would be welcome. The thing is that life is too short, this I now know, since I have been in it for awhile, and not allowing myself to be open to more learning and experiencing would be a waste of what life I have left. I am not ready to resign myself to the scheduled existence most people think they need to do when they have moved beyond "chasing the wind with a fury". I am not ready to quit taking chances.

No comments: