Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The joys in life (#1747)

It is at times when I notice my smile has erupted upon my face that I know there is so much joy in life. Sometimes it is as simple as someone smiling that takes me from whatever mundane activity I am involved with to a higher, happier plane of consciousness. I am a nose to the grindstone kind of guy, I do seem to be obsessed with whatever particular project I am focused on at the time and when I get interrupted by a singular joyful moment, my demeanor changes and my outlook brightens. You see my obsessions are not aimed at the happiness in life but rather at the despair and how I can expose it and hopefully make it better. Not the place where joy is prevalent instead it is a place of unhappiness and exasperation. How fortunate I am to have some in my life that contribute to the beauty in life and find time to share that beauty with others and myself. Truly the end result of all of our struggles is for a big wide smile to envelope us without our consciously knowing it. Joy is like that sometimes, it just happens when we least expect it. My humble self is stirred to regenerate my passion for the daily struggles I find myself in by them. The necessity of having joy find us is what we should allow for ourselves to happen. It is what makes all things worthy of our efforts regardless if those efforts aren't directly tied to the presenting joy. If we keep enough diversity in our lives and show enough respect to others to allow them to flourish in our presence then joy will find us no matter how preoccupied we are with other less happy struggles.

No comments: