Thursday, December 5, 2013

My lost house slipper (#1770)

A bit of an unusual post this morning but it has been nagging on me for the last 24 hours. I put my slippers in the same spot every morning when I change to step outside for some chores. When I got back after a good hot shower, I found that one of them was missing. So naturally I looked all around in the surrounding area making sure to inspect around, under and in each piece of furniture. Nothing! So then I started to doubt myself. Which is natural with age because sometimes I do some things that I forget to remember. lol. So off I went looking everywhere I had been, retracing my steps. Nothing! Okay, I have a cat, who is as wily as they come and a little long haired chihuahua who has never touched any shoe of mine yet in the almost 11 months we have been together. So naturally since I couldn't find the slipper in due course of my searching I began to suspect some foul play, you know either the cat and dog collaborated in hiding my slipper from me or one of them was up to no good. So out into the back yard I went to search if one or both of them, they get along famously by the way, had some fun at my expense. Nothing after a thorough search. So now I am scrambled a bit in my thinking because how could the slipper have disappeared without me knowing or me finding the animals' hiding spot? If you know me at all I gave the search all I had in order to solve this mystery. Still nothing! I am a bit consumed by the thought now that someone came into the house specifically to take away my slipper in order to make me confounded. lol. Anyway, the slipper is still missing and I haven't a clue as to where it might be so now maybe I can just give up and set my mind to more important things. Maybe anyway. Update: I found it. I figure the dog went scurrying and his paw sent my slipper flying into a corner hidden by the record player. 

No comments: