Monday, December 2, 2013

Regrets and mercy (#1767)

Regrets are not something I spend a lot of time dwelling upon since they are not changeable commissions or omissions. However I do reflect upon them to see how better I could be in similar situations. I am no outlaw nor do I have outlaw tendencies yet I am capable of harming without intent. I have harmed without intent and for that I have my regrets, but with my regrets I have mercy. I know I am a human being who is not perfect although I expect perfection from myself as much as possible. It is those times when perfection is not attained by me and I do or say something that has a negative impact on myself or more likely others is what I am referencing. My life has been one long string of trials and errors with more than enough of both to fill an average quota. If I let all those missteps and stumbles accumulate upon my head I would be a basket case by now. I could never look upon a new day as something worthy of living if I could not find a way to let go of my mistakes and not carry them around like the burden my conscious knows they are. But what my conscious also knows is that despite all those mistakes I have made real successes out of my life. Again, I am not one who intentionally does harm, it is only out of not planning carefully enough that I do. So I plan more carefully today than I did when I was younger and because of that my mistakes have dwindled in amount and effect. I let them go from me as well. I know we all make mistakes and if making mistakes were the yardstick by which we measured our worth none of us would be worthy. So move forward established in honorable principles and keep your intent at the front of your life and life will be better.

No comments: