Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Don't be intimidated from learning (#1916)

Learning is as natural for we humans as is breathing air. I know that letting others know we are not as smart as we would like them to think is always a great fear but living in a fear never outweighs learning. I accept that I was ignorant to so many things yet I acted like I wasn't. I would take other people's views and use them for my own. It wasn't until I began to understand that I was lying to others and myself by being so defensive about my lack of knowledge. So what did I do? In my late 30's I went back to school and added to my high school diploma. I got my associates degree and then my bachelor's. I even went on to post graduate work but have stalled. But the point is that I didn't give in to my fears and just keep being the phony intellect I wanted others to admire and respect. I did the work to actually become somewhat of an intellect and more than others admiring me and respecting me, I admire and respect myself. From that comes a confidence in not only the reasoning and analyzing of conclusions, but in my own sense of worth and purpose. I can now make advocacy for policies based upon my own research and experience without having to rely on others to speak my mind for me. The difference is like night and day for me. Instead of feeling like I was unworthy of being a human, I feel like a champion among humans. All because I didn't give into my fear of learning. I embraced it. I took my experience and applied it with logical and real outcomes so that I could get a comprehensive perspective about life and my role in it. We all need to have our learning caps on as much as possible otherwise the information before us moves on and we are left not knowing what just happened.

No comments: