Thursday, May 1, 2014

Quitters don't realize their dreams (#1917)

I am not saying anything new here. We all know this to be true. When it seems like our work to do good and great things is not going well it is natural to feel despondent and think about chucking it in. For myself I actually think why waste my time trying to help others improve their lives when they don't seem to want or care about my efforts. Day after day I present evidence of misdoing by some and good doing by others in the hopes that the right observations will make a difference. But moments like today it just seems so useless and irrelevant. But after a few seconds of wallowing in the mire of my inadequacies, I regain my composure and gird myself again with the knowledge that it is always darkest before the dawn. I know that my humanness is part of who I am and humans like me, being imperfect, will have moments when it just seems so tiresome fighting for those who don't even know and or don't care that they are being abused. I am beginning to think of these moments as recharging plateaus, where I need to stop for a moment and gain my overall perspective again. I know wrong when I see and sense it and as such, being who I am, I must not allow it to continue. I am that way by my own particular nature. So the idea of quitting on being me is not really an option and more of default moment for me to remember who I really am. If I have to be tired most of the rest of my life fighting to not only stop, but to reverse, the injustices that enter my consciousness then so be it. There is no manual for living only what is in front of us every day and the choices we make to address them. That is all there is and for that I am happy enough to know what my purpose really is. Quitting on my purpose in life will not happen despite my own frailties and the determined underhanded actions of those who continue to harm.

No comments: