Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mad as all get out and spitting nails (#1919)

The other day I wrote about how sometimes I can feel defeated and want to throw in the towel, well today I am as mad as a provoked angry Hornets nest. That is me though, just being my hot and cold self. lol. Regardless, I am fed up to my ears with folks who want to supplant our secular government with a Christian one. These folks have deluded themselves into thinking that there is only one religion and it should be the law of the land here in America. While I appreciate the Christian faith for so many good examples of morality, I draw the line when their proselytizing invades the neutral application of the free spirit contained within secularism our founders inscribed into our Constitution. Let me be very clear here, faith in any religion is just that, faith, not logical truth. Our government must not and shall not subscribe to any religion being the model for our government function. Our first amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,...". Which brings me to our discussion about Christianity being our playbook for governmental guidance. We are strictly prohibited from using religion to model our laws. Can it be any clearer? If you want to overthrow our government and establish a Christian nation then you have that choice but don't expect the rest of us who honor the very first clause of the very first amendment within our US Constitution to let you do that to us. The other side of the coin here is that those who want a Christian nation are voiding all those others who are not Christian but some other faith. Furthermore, the very many who don't subscribe to a belief system at all are harmed by those who only see Christianity as the only model for our government. Leave our democracy alone religious zealots or you will have all the rest of us to deal with.

No comments: