Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Our human kindness is at the center of our souls (#1929)

I know we all have troubles that keep us anxious and in a constant loop trying to find solutions. It is never ending as if it isn't one thing it is always another. However, within this whirligig of problem solving we find ourselves taken during certain moments of raw emotion. There are instances of fragility and vulnerability that capture our essence with their seemingly insurmountable struggles. We set aside our less than critical problems to focus our attentions on the unfolding events. There is a reason most all of us rally behind the underdog. We have been there ourselves in some similar way and we have overcome despite the long odds we faced. So it is with others as they come into our noticing. We root for them and in some way hope to either encourage them or actively help in some tangible way. Regardless of certain politicians telling us we are individuals who need to care for ourselves and not to waste time on caring for others, we cannot do that. We are hopelessly bound to each other in the ways of overcoming struggle to succeed. It is within our very core as humans to appreciate the sentinel courage and perseverance we and others exhibit to move forward with strength. If others can do it so can we and that in itself gives us more hope than we thought we previously had. We lift each other up. It is how we learn and grow, in not only wisdom and experience, but in our souls. When all else is said and done, I care less for myself in most ways as long as I feel right and good about my actions. For me life isn't all about me, it is about what I do in life to help and appreciate others, which in turn makes me feel right and good.

No comments: