Monday, October 6, 2014

From the poorest to the richest (#2075)

It is a choice to be an honorable person. No one knows for sure if someone else is not since we cannot see into the each others intent. We are the only ones who can judge that for ourselves. We can ask for advice about our uncertainties but we are the ones who decide whether or not we are acting with honor or living within honor. I know this well from my own experiences. In my past I have put on the mask of being honorable while in my heart and mind I knew I wasn't. I was playing a game that I thought everyone else was playing. What I came to find out is that only a few of us were actually playing at being honorable and the rest of us were not. I will say this again here as I have said it previously, we generally live two lives, the one we learn our sometimes easy and other times hard knock basics with and the one we live after knowing what is right and wrong. Some of us never get to the second life of living in knowing and remain in the never ending cycle of having to learn the same lessons over and over. Either way though, we have a choice to accept a personal code of ethical principles to guide our decisions. This is where honor comes to the forefront. When we choose to live and love with humility and a duty to express those paradigms with respect and selflessness, we can begin to understand the power and dignity of honor. Being honorable is a sacrifice of our own frailties for something much better. There is no guarantee of notice by anyone else but more important there is notice by ourselves. I get my confidence from doing what is right and good. Nowhere else have I found confidence in anything that is dishonorable. I would rather go without than to compromise my integrity or my word. For me the saying of "my word is my bond" is true. I am the only one who knows all of my commitments by my word and that is fine since I am not looking to satisfy the validity of my existence on this planet through peer approval, I am only trying to express my example of living correctly. The poorest person on this planet has just as much a right to be here as the richest person on this planet and until we all "get that" I will continue to focus my attention on reminding everyone of the need of "getting it".

No comments: