Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Putting words to action (#2070)

Once we live the part of our lives we are learning through most of it, we then begin to live our lives where we put into action what we have learned. Some of us say what is right and good to do but fail to act on that because it always seems inconvenient or because we truly don't believe what we know deep down within us is right. I use myself as an example since I have had so many different permutations of combining thought with/without action. I am in a better stage in my life where putting into action my words is precious enough to me that I almost always follow through. I am not perfect here and neither is anyone else. My intent is always to do the best most right thing possible but like all humans before and after me I will fail at some of them. Regardless, my imperfection aside, when I do act upon the principles of right and good I am well satisfied in my soul. What I may have perceived as an inconvenience to begin with most always ends up being a proud moment in my life. A memorable one that stays with me for all my time here. It is usually the case that our most amazing moments started out being a choice to do something that we could otherwise have easily shirked. I know this lesson as I have been guilty of it. But that was back when my life had no purpose nor clear direction. I am past those days and now when I see something that must be done, I pause long enough to remember that the not doing is worse than the doing. No more will I ache in my soul for being the cause of letting choices slip from me because I was not enough of a human being to care. No more of that for me. I don't care so much about my own discomfort as I have lived a generous amount of comfortable time in comparison to those who have not, so taking the time to do what is right is now more important to me than anything else.

No comments: