Wednesday, October 22, 2014

We only have one life, live it well (#2091)

From our birth to our death we have the time within that space to determine what we can do with what we know. Now some of us could care less about such a philosophical equation and most only only focus on what pleasure and gratification we can produce for ourselves. We currently live in a society that has far too few options of pleasure and gratification built into it to make our own efforts at being more selfish difficult to resist. As a society we are still coming out of a hard and callous era of survival tactics. That we are taking so long to move from an antiquated destiny of power and accumulation, is our dilemma. Those that have gained through misadventure or creative innovation, the problem of change is still the obstacle. The old paradigm of survival of the fittest, which served manifest destiny in our previous millennium has no more utility. As the age of enlightenment has shown us, our intellectual acumen is our greatest value and being able to capitalize on it's power is our burgeoning new frontier. How we live our lives within the next few generations will either accelerate the rushing in of our new efficient future or either slow or derail it. I have found personally in my own life that change is hard but once I change I find that the hard part was letting go of old familiar thoughts and behaviors. The new change I accept then becomes my new trusted ally and friend. I embrace my change and celebrate that as far as my destiny goes there is no anchor left to keep me attached to the fear of losing something less important than the gain I receive for letting go. Living my life well is accepting that we all have something to offer existence and with humility, being grateful for the brilliance humanity continues to share, notwithstanding those who cannot nor will not change from the past. 

No comments: