Friday, July 24, 2015

When our weaknesses become our strengths (#2366)

The exact moment the process begins is when we face our fears. When we make up our minds that no matter what, we will not allow ourselves to defeat ourselves. I don't mind too much when I am bested in any competition or attempt to make life better by forces outside my control. I just work harder the next time. But I cannot nor will not allow me to be the cause of any downfall. Life is hard enough trying to make it better so why would I allow me to stop what I truly want? Fear is a powerful deterrent in any form but fear cannot be how we define our lives. We are given a tremendous opportunity to make a difference if we can only decide that come what may is better than regret and remorse. I would rather die standing on my feet than with my head buried in the sand. The most unexpected part though is when we realize that by overcoming our fear to act on some good and right thing, we actually feel better and then build more courage to confront other fears we have that have been holding us back. A life lived in a pool without ripples may be safe but it is not who we are. We are ripple makers and not allowing ourselves to make those ripples reduces the soul of our majestic being. No amount of inhibition is excusable when fear is the sole reason for our inhibition. There are times when fear can be parlayed into a wise decision based upon common sense and logical factors but otherwise fear has no place in our lives. I am a better man for overcoming too many of my old weaknesses and instead have conquered them and made them my strengths. I thought I could never live my life outside certain parameters but what I have learned by changing them and rebuffing old weaknesses is that there is not only honor but respect gained by proving strength is greater than weakness and much more fulfilling.

No comments: