Friday, June 23, 2017

Breaking out of the "I'm a rotten person" mode. (#3066)

     Well it seems that too many are voting for the worst candidates and party since the nazis of last world war. Why? I can only surmise that we feel we are deserving of punishment for some unpardonable crimes in our lives. It does explain why so may are clinging to religion as some form of salvation from their miserableness. Well let me be the first one, surely I am not, to tell you that you are forgiven and now move forward with a better way for life. There, all done! You see it is okay to have made mistakes it is what is called the trial and error of life. I have made my share but when it does seem that we get so low that we feel we are worthless is when we can "choose", and I mean make a choice, to stop what we are doing and do something else.
     Preferably something that has some redeeming value since we had pretty much exhausted the irredeemable ones. There is the secret to life in a nutshell. We can choose and when we choose we take control of who we are and what we want to be. All those mistakes in the past can become just memories with time, forgiveness and amends. We get to move forward without the burden of guilt constantly hanging over our heads. Surely we will have times of remorse for our "learning curve" but we won't be sweltering in it as a self imposed punishment. Look at who we have elected to lead us when we wanted to be punished. People who are so awful that they don't feel guilty when they do punish us all for their own gain.
     Another secret to life is that we are the masters of our own destiny regardless of what others do to change the course of our lives. Every day I make about 2 or 3 thousand tiny and/or major decisions in my life. All of them have an effect on how my day, present and future will affect my life. They are my decisions, not someone else's. So maybe in the past I have been a rotten person, but I learned and moved on and now I try to avoid being a rotten person with every decision I make. I am still human though and I do rotten things from time to time but I know in my heart that I don't do it intentionally and I am quick to amend my behavior and thoughts to stop any further rottenness. So when I look toward our future and vote with that in mind I see what we could be together, not how hard I should be punished because I am too weak to control my own existence.

No comments: