Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ignorance is bliss if you don't like to think (#2277)

How many times I have heard the excuses about how little time we have to stay informed as to our nation's goals and aspirations. I am too busy to keep up with politics or how our society and democracy works. I just trust those we elect because they will always do what is best for all of us so I don't have to waste my time thinking about it. All a bunch of crap lies just to avoid having to actually engage our brains and think. Is it such a hardship for us to actually have a conscious thought about how our society is evolving? It seems that in general we will lie, cheat and steal in order to avoid having to be part of how our society should best operate. Is it the conjunction of possibly having to serve on a jury that keeps too many from registering to vote? I ask myself these questions about why too many of us don't care at all about voting or about who wins these elections. Is it because they chose to be ignorant as a strategy so that they don't have to think on these subjects for themselves? What kind of citizens are we nurturing? It seems that capitalism, the hunt for money, legal or otherwise, is our main passion for living. Which strikes me as an intent toward greed and selfishness as a rule. So that must be it that greed and selfishness is acceptable although many would dispute the truth of this. Dispute away but that doesn't make the case for it not being true when the evidence shows differently. I guess that in the end the majority will have it's way with us and right now we have a hard time getting the majority of us to show up at the voting booth. So those who don't vote will be the ones who shape our country's future and that sadly is where we are right now.

No comments: