Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Higher Level (#30)

The biblical axiom of "Treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself" brings up a way to model present and future thoughts and actions. As a foundation for conclusions and behavior, this model generally serves to guide me in times when I have no clear understanding as to how to proceed. I tend to initially become subjective in deciding how to think or react, but upon some meditation a more balanced objective realization materializes. Subjective thought and action has me at the center, whereas objective thought and action puts all things at the center. My life started out with me being the center of all my thoughts but as I am getting older I am steadily withdrawing from the center. The spiritual reformation of my priorities has a peaceful component that I find attractive. It seems to me that I am preparing myself for the eventual circle of life to come complete. I am not in any rush for my life to be at its end but I hope that when I do get to the end it will be with the satisfaction that I have lived up to my potential. That I have given or passed on the best qualities of human nature to those who live on beyond me. Treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated yourself puts things into a very clear perspective for me.

No comments: