Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Precious Life (#46)

As I was meditating before starting this post my mind wandered to how slow my life is being lived compared to how fast I would like to have everything around me happen. It occurs to me that life is so valuable to me that I want to stuff everything into it I can. This is how my mind conceives the best possible use of the time that I have to live. This isn't so much fear of wasting time but more to taking advantage of what time I do have. This mindset is just another example of not seeing the whole picture. The slowness in my present life gives me the opportunity to see my surroundings more completely. I am able to think of circumstances in more critical ways instead of in the hustle of fleeting superficiality. The slowness in my life has a calming and retrospective aspect that focuses me on how I am reacting to what is going on in my life. Managing the real pace of my life is my responsibility today. It is perplexing that my mind seems to have a mind of its own sometimes, and my dilemna is distinguishing between the two. The principles I strive to live up to make my dilemna diminish and elevates the clarity of purpose for my life. A precious life is one that has value to all who would care to examine it. Lets all care.

No comments: