Thursday, March 19, 2009

True Love (#48)

Where to begin. Is true love even real or just some idealism espoused by the romantics? It certainly isn't necessary for marriage, just look at all the divorces constantly happening. In my gut I believe it exists because a sensation in recognition of love so overpowering occurs in me when in the presence of a particular person. Even if I am the only one to recognize the existence of true love, that would still make it real in my life. The difficult part is meeting the person who has the same gut feeling about me that I have. Anyone who has boldly admitted a true love and found only an unrequited situation must endure the pain of rejection. The doubt of a true love also comes into play, but no denial of the gut feeling will ever mask the fact that it is real. Fate is the honest examination of events that have already happened. It is also the destiny that I have for myself. True Love is the most valuable experience a person may have as a relationship in life. My determination to find it will not be inhibited by compromise or defeat. If I never find true love I still know that my honor toward the person I am searching for is still intact.

No comments: